Central aim of organisation
application of mathematical methods in science and technology
Briefly describe your organisation
Research Institute for Symbolic Computation
(Institut für Symbolisches Rechnen)
is an institute of the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
Symbolic Computation is for us
* algorithmic solutions of mathematical problems,
* realization and analysis of algorithms via computer science,
* applications in science, engineering, and industry.
A Short History of RISC:
* 1987 founded by Prof. Bruno Buchberger,
* 1989 moved to the Castle of Hagenberg,
* 1999 new chairman Prof. Franz Winkler.
Initiatives of RISC:
* Journal of Symbolic Computation,
* RISC Software GmbH,
* Softwarepark Hagenberg,
* Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences at Hagenberg,
* Software Competence Center Hagenberg.
Research & Development
| - E-Learning |
- ICT Applications for Traffic and Logistics
- Industrial Application
- Knowledge Management
| - Process Management |
- Artificial Intelligence