Central aim of organisation
To develop novel methods for tumor and pain therapy and to apply them in the patients
Briefly describe your organisation
1. Support the surgeon during computer-assisted navigation: image data acquisition and interpretation, image fusion, path planning, adjustment of the targeting device for computer-assisted punctures in the SIP-Lab or in the OR, and navigation in the OR. The navigation system, the registration devices, the immobilization devices and the targeting devices are provided by the SIP-Lab. One radiation technician and/or one radiologist operate the navigation system during surgery.
2. Precise computer-assisted punctures from head to toe in the CT.
3. Fabrication of the VBH vacuum mouthpiece which plays the central part for the unified concept in the diagnosis and therapy of brain tumours.
4. CT/MR/SPECT/PET and ultrasound image fusion in the whole body with the use of the image fusion software that is part of the navigation system.
5. Development (targeting device, fixation devices, reference frames, robotic,....).
6. Minimal invasive local tumor therapy
Research & Development
| - ICT Applications for Health |
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Video Processing
- Pattern Processing
- Audiovisual Devices and Communication
| - Usability Engineering |
- MEMS Technologies
- High Frequency Technology, Microwave Technology
Intraoperative navigation systems, Radiofrequency ablation