Central aim of organisation
Supporting stakeholders in bringing their innovative ideas to the market using standards and standardization
Briefly describe your organisation
“Austrian Standards International – Standardization and Innovation” is the recognized standardization body in Austria, a non-profit service organization (association) founded in 1920 and part of a national and international standardization network: i.e. the Austrian member of the European Committee for Standardization CEN, the International Organization for Standardization ISO and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute ETSI. Austrian Standards International cooperates with OVE which is the responsible for standardization in the electrotechnical field being member of CENELEC and IEC.
In addition Austrian Standards International cooperates with other Standards Development Organisations and with three Austrian Start-Up Networks.
Facts and figures:
o approx. 105employees (head counts).
o 147 active national technical committees and 267 national working groups covering a broad range of technical fields mirroring almost 90 % of all technical activities of CEN and ISO.
o About 4200 experts from different stakeholder groups in Austria participating directly in standardization;
o Management of CEN and ISO Technical Committees.
o Active in certification, training and consulting through Austrian Standards plus GmbH.
Research & Development
|- ICT Applications |
- Ambient Assisted Living (Services for the Elderly)
- ICT Applications for Tourism
- ICT Applications for Health
- ICT Applications for Traffic and Logistics
- IT Security and Encryption
- Smart Cards and Access Systems
- Industrial Application
- Multimedia, Pattern Recognition
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Video Processing
- Audiovisual Devices and Communication
- Software- and Data Processing
- Knowledge Management
- Process Management
- Digital Systems
| - Archiving, Documentation |
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Middleware
- Software Engineering and Testing
- Usability Engineering
- Semantic Systems
- Network and Broadband Technologies
- Advanced Systems Architecture
- GRID Computing
- Cognitive Systems, Interaction and Robotics
- Man-Machine Interaction
- Artificial Intelligence
- Speech Technology
- Sensor Technology
- Data Mining
- Photonics and Quantum Technologies
- Optical Systems