Central aim of organisation
ZARAs main mission is to combat racism and to promote civil courage as well as a positive approach to cultural diversity.
Briefly describe your organisation
ZARA is an Austrian anti-racism NGO. Its mission is to enhance civil courage and to help building a racism-free society, combat all forms of racism, and promote the legal as well as virtual equal treatment of all human beings residing irrespective of their skin colour, language, appearance, religion, citizenship and/or origin. ZARA’s mandate is organised along three pillars: The support of victims of discrimination, awareness raising and public relations. ZARA is the only counselling, information and documentation unit for victims and witnesses of racism in Austria and provides legal support.
ZARA’s activities comprises:
• Counselling victims and witnesses of racism
• Publication of the Racism Report
• Training, courses and workshops (including on the topic cyber hate)
• Advising businesses and companies - Enabling and ensuring a working environment free of discrimination
• Research on the topics of discrimination and prejudices
Service & Usage
- ICT Applications
cyber hate (measurements and trainings against discrimination on the internet)