Central aim of organisation
Complete provider of high quality, solution oriented training and qualification services and projects.
Briefly describe your organisation
bit (= best in training) schulungscenter (= training center), founded in 1986, is one of the leading adult education providers in the area of vocational education, training and employability in Austria. Our clear strength is our experience and know-how in designing (didactics, methodology, instructional design) and carrying out projects for labour market relevant qualifications.
In the development of our projects we make sure that horizontal aspects such as gender equality and diversity are taken into account. All measures are developed according to the specific needs of the respective target group (special life-circumstances, qualification needs, assistance for easier access to child-care facilities for the time of course-participation, etc.)
We have profound experience in performing R&D activities such as:
- development of educational programs and curricula (paedagogy, methodology, didactics)
- development of applications and content for e-learning
- development of teaching materials
- professional dealing with all tender formalisms and subsequent monitoring and reporting
- selection and training of adult educators
- project implementation (promoting the correct transfer of knowledge into practice, consultancy, training of project staff, coordination of all teaching activities, monitoring and launching corrective actions if necessary)
- handling eventual project changes (personal settings, change of locations)
We particularly focus on vulnerable and marginal groups, such as elderly, young people, women (re-entering the labour market after long absence due to family responsibilities), long-term unemployed and migrants. Specific projects, however, also assist highly qualified academics lacking job-opportunities with coaching, consulting and career guidance.
We have substantial experience in working with different target groups and their educational needs, through our regular activities which include:
- professional qualification and training
- design & implementation of active employment measures
- training needs analysis
- outplacement (job-placement) activities
- proactive support for employment mediation
- job & career guidance
- youth employment
- elderly learners (45+) assistance and integration
- women re-entering the workforce
- academics assistance
- technical assistance & capacity building for NGOs and public authorities in the field of social inclusion and active labour market measures
We employ over 200 highly experienced staff in seven Austrian regions which enables us to draw on up-to-date know-how and creative training methods for the design of our projects.
Furthermore, as member of bit group we can rely on a network of more than 800 experts, trainers and consultants in the fields of education, e-Government and sustainability.
bit groups excellent work got acknowledged with several awards like the Austrian State Prize for Consulting, Comenius Medal, Constantinus Award, etc. Since 2007 the whole bit group is certified according to ISO 9001. Since 2012 bit schulungscenter holds the Ö-Cert (quality certificate for adult education issued by the Austrian Ministry of Education).
During the past 30 years we successfully implemented many national and international projects (acting as lead partner, coordinator, partner and subcontractor) in the frame of
- Life Long Learning Programme (LdV, Grundtvig, etc.)
- ESF European Social Fund
- World Bank, etc.
Above others, the following customers trust in us:
- Public Employment Services of Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Croatia, etc.
- Austrian Ministries of Education, Defence, Finance, etc.
- Education Senate Berlin
- European Commission (DIGIT, ECHO, etc.)
- Albanian Ministry of Education; Macedonian Ministry of Labour and Social Policy
Service & Usage
|- ICT Applications |
- Multimedia, Pattern Recognition
- Audiovisual Devices and Communication
- Software- and Data Processing
- Application Service Provision (ASP)
| - Databases, Database Management |
- Knowledge Management
- Process Management
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Middleware
- E-Publishing, Digital Content
- Usability Engineering
- Data Mining