Central aim of organisation
researching about systems, and identifying topics concerning infrastructure technologies, innovation processes, emerging technologies
Briefly describe your organisation
The AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH consists of five specialised departments researching the key infrastructure issues of the future
The Mobility, Energy, Health & Environment, Safety & Security, Foresight Policy & Development departments develop technological innovations, methods and solutions for industry and customers from public institutions.
The Department of Foresight & Policy Development in the European Research Area is a think tank for systems-oriented innovation and technology research for business and politics. Foresight & Policy Development is concerned with applied systems research, i.e. the analysis of scientific, social, economic and natural systems. Foresight & Policy Development operates as a multidisciplinary team where the employees have education in formal-, nature-, and social science and engineering.
The Foresight & Policy Development Department deals currently with complexity research, analysis and identification of emerging technologies and their cross-linking, the use of foresight processes in politics and economics. The continuous monitoring of technologies has a focus on alternative propulsion systems, hybrid vehicle concepts, and aeronautic technologies. Clients come from economy as well as from public administration.
Research & Development
| - Visualisation |
- Information and Multimedia Retrieval
| - Data Mining |
emerging technologies, monitoring, bibliometrics, network analysis, etc
My organisation has been involved in projects funded by the following EU-programmes
Austrian Research and Development Projects
Our institute is too big so that I could describe the activities of my organisation (more the 500 researcher). I focus only on my activities. I received a PhD in Mathematics from the University of Vienna. I work on applied bibliometric methods for literature data, patents and for web-data and innovation processes. My current work involves: technology monitoring for companies as well as for the public sector, evaluation of R&D-activities and research for the appliance of bibliometric methods for the analysis of web-data. A focus of my work lies on mathematical foundations of bibliometric methods and visualisation. I have applied these methods to different data e.g. scientific literature, patents, link data of the World Wide Web among other things in several EU projects.
• Hörlesberger M., Heller-Schuh B., Neubauer, G. Ultra-Wideband: How does Literature reflect the Developments of these Technologies? In IAMOT 2009 Proceedings: Managing Green Technology, Hosni, Y. (Ed.). Orlando. 2009.
• Roche I., Besagni D., François C., Hörlesberger M., Schiebel E. Identification and Characterisation of Technological Topics in the Field of Molecular Biology. In Scientometrics. 2009.
• Schiebel E., Hörlesberger M., Roche I., Francois C., Besagni D. Migration of Keywords Through Diffusion Phases - A Diachronic Analysis for the Identification of Emergences in the Research Field of Optoelectronic Devices. In ISSI 2009 - 12th International Conference on Scientometrics and Informetrics. Proceedings - Volume 1, p 194-205, Larsen B., Leta J. (Eds.). Rio de Janeiro. 2009.
• Hörlesberger M. Zur Rezeption der Modernen Algebra in Österreich. Südwestdeutscher Verlag für Hochschulschriften Aktiengesellschaft & Co.KG. ISBN: 978-3-8381-0063-0. Saarbrücken. 2008.
• Hörlesberger M., El-Nawawi M., Khalil T. (eds.). Challenges in the Management of New Technologies. World Scientific Publishing. Singapore. 2007.
• Hörlesberger M., Schiebel E. Visualised Indicators of Links in the World Wide Web: Biotechnology and Information Science. In Management of Technology; New Directions in Technology Management, ELSEVIER. Oxford. 2007.
• Schiebel E., Hörlesberger M. About the identification of technology specific keywords in emerging technologies: The case of Magnetoelectronics. In: Proceedings of ISSI 2007, 11th International Conference of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics, Torres-Salinas D., Moed H. F. (Eds.), Madrid, June 25th -27th, pp. 691-69. 2007
• Hörlesberger M., Schiebel E. Web Networks of the Science System: Weighted Hubs and Authorities. In Scientometrics, 66, 263-278. 2006.
• Hörlesberger M., Schiebel E., Kopcsa A. Technological Knowledge Illustrated Via Maps. In Management of Technology; Internet Economy: Opportunities and Challanges for Developed and Developing Regions of the World, ELSVIER, Oxford. 2004.
• Heimeriks G., Hörlesberger M., van den Besseelaar P. Mapping communication and collaboration in heterogeneous research networks. In Scientometrics, 58, 391-413. 2003.
Inserted / Updated
2009-08-10 / 2010-01-18