X-Net Holding GmbHX-Net Technologies GmbH & X-Net Services GmbH
|Street||Spittelwiese 15 |
|ZIP, City, Region ||4020 - Linz (Upper Austria) |
|Phone||++43 732 77 31 42 0 |
|Fax||++43 732 77 31 42 24 |
Mag. (FH) Katharina Kloiber (Innovation Manager)
Total: 11-50 number of researches: 4
Central aim of organisation
solutions for production of individual storage media
Briefly describe your organisation
The core competences of X-Net group combine interdisciplinary expertise and are divided into three main business areas:
- software and hardware development, mainly development of customised solutions
- research and development, e.g. regarding security solutions and digital heritage
- The products and services of X-Net combine know how of these areas and serve a large variety of market segments and requirements.
X-Net develops software solutions and internationally acts as partner and advisor in the fields of network service and production of individual storage media (e.g. USB, SSD, CF, MicroSD). Further on, X-Net has special Skills in the areas of IT security and network services (e.g. remote service via VPN, secure connections, data transfer). Solutions in media production are flexible and can be adapted to the IT infrastructure of the customer as well as to different requirements of the customers. The utilizations are versatile: X-Net developed and realized projects for aerospace industry (EADS), industrial companies (Endress+Hauser), automobile industry (Bosch Car Entertainment, MAN or games industry (e.g. Novomatic Gaming).
These are the main advantages/benefits of our solution:
- production of storage media (e.g. USB, SSD, CF, MicroSD) with individual content (personalization, security features)
- just-in-time production directly integrated in production lines
- product-specific: each storage medium contains only the information relevant for the corresponding product
- automation: constant working steps (e.g. starting a job when the storage medium is needed to be integrated into the product) are automated
- protection of sensitive data through encoding and encryption
- parallel production of several jobs coming from different sources
- cascading of an optional number of systems
- remote servicing
Competences in digitalisation (e.g. of production lines), IT security for Industry 4.0 environments and devices dealing with Internet of Things (IoT) and network engineering are combined, which allows the realisation of innovative solutions. Research and development activities in the fields of security, Industry 4.0 and IoT (e.g. connection of production, servicing over the product life cycle) are forced to reach further expertise and provide high-level standards.
Service & Usage
| - E-Government |
- ICT Applications for Health
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- IT Security and Encryption
- ICT Application for Environment Management
- Industrial Application
- Knowledge Management
- Digital Systems
- Archiving, Documentation
- Information and Multimedia Retrieval
| - Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Middleware |
- Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
- Software Engineering and Testing
- Internet Technologies
- Network and Broadband Technologies
- Network Security
- Data Mining
- Embedded Systems and Real-time Systems
storage media, network engineering, individualisation, digitalisation, Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, software development, solution provider, IT security
| RTD Experiences & Publications|
Austrian Research and Development Projects
The innovative character of X-Net is demonstrated through number and type of projects with customers or R&D institutions. X-Net analyses the requirement of the customer considering the environment and other impacts. Solutions to the overall problems are developed and realised in short time and with appropriate and highly effective resource input. Know-how transfer is forced. Hardware is designed for long duration. Customers receive the certainty to have professional and useful solutions that are supported and maintained over a long period of time.
The realisation of innovation is an important focus of X-Net and completes the range. X-Net was recently involved in numerous national funded projects (see also https://www.x-net.at/explore):
1. X-Net is participant of the project « Trustworthy IoT for Cyber-Physical-Systems » (IoT4CPS) funded through FFG Austrian Research Promotion Agency. Project start is in December 2017. The scientific institution AIT Austrian Institute of Technologies coordinates the project with 17 members (Software Competence Center Hagenberg GmbH, TU Wien, SBA Research gemeinnützige GmbH, NXP Semiconductors Austria GmbH, Graz University of Technology, Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft m.b.H., University of Linz, X-Net Services GmbH, Infineon Technologies Austria AG, JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH, AVL List GmbH, Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich, TTTech Computertechnik AG, Nokia Solutions and Networks Österreich GmbH, Danube University Krems). X-Net will build up expertise for securing production units in Internet of Thing and Industry 4.0 environments using « Security by Isolation » methods and install a competence network for consulting research and development departments of producing companies.
2. In 2017, X-Net received funding through EU Horizon 2020 SME Instruments Phase 1 to realise a feasibility study for its product X5, which enables the production of storage media integrated in production lines. Focus lies on security issues and global roll-out of X5.
3. 2013 - 2015, X-Net managed the nationally funded project Themis, which aims to backup personal data stored in different social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter and to enable the inheritance of personal digital data.
4. OpenSecurity, a project for the development of an Open Source Security Solution Protecting Employees and Data in Public Institutions was realised from 2012 to 2014.
5. The DiscMaker, the world largest robot system for the production of individual CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays was developed together with 3 SMEs and 2 scientific institutions in 2009. X-Net acted as project coordinator.
X-Net uses open source tools and standard components to ensure long lasting operational readiness as source code is available for advancements and adaptations and wear parts are easily receivable. 3D printed components, a low priced alternative for realising individual hardware solutions, are used for special requirements. Solutions of X-Net are independent of one technology, regarding development as well as the connection of infrastructure of the customer.
Inserted / Updated
2009-03-25 / 2018-07-12