Central aim of organisation
The i:lab ensures that future pervasive technologies are strictly directed towards their users’ needs.
Briefly describe your organisation
The i:lab (Interfaces and Interaction Lab) at ftw. Forschungszentrum Telekommunikation Wien (-> see FTWs description on ictPROFILES.at) puts the user into the center of technology development. The interdisciplinary team provides a unique combination of user-centered design expertise and technological leadership.
The following RTD services are offered by the i:lab:
-Design through Dialogue: Efficient user involvement throughout the whole ICT development process and with all relevant stakeholders.
-Pervasive Interaction: Rapid design of pervasive applications and appliances for realistic user experience elicitation, product showcasing and feasibility assessment.
-Quality of Experience (QoE): User experience investigation of interactive communication media and development of pricing for quality enabled services.
The i:lab facilities optimally support a wide array of user-centered research and development activities. To efficiently evaluate mobile applications, customizable field observation tools are available.
Research & Development
|- ICT Applications |
- Cultural Heritage
- Ambient Assisted Living (Services for the Elderly)
- ICT Applications for Tourism
- ICT Applications for Health
- ICT Applications for Traffic and Logistics
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- IT Security and Encryption
- Multimedia, Pattern Recognition
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Audiovisual Devices and Communication
- Software- and Data Processing
- Digital Systems
- Information and Multimedia Retrieval
| - E-Publishing, Digital Content |
- Usability Engineering
- Semantic Systems
- Systems- and Network Technology
- Internet Technologies
- Network and Broadband Technologies
- Advanced Systems Architecture
- Network Security
- Pervasive Computing
- Cognitive Systems, Interaction and Robotics
- Man-Machine Interaction
- Artificial Intelligence
- Speech Technology
- Data Mining
- Micro- and Nanoelectronics, Embedded Systems
- Embedded Systems and Real-time Systems
- Radio Frequency Technologies
- Wireless & Mobile Communication
Quality of Experience , QoE, User Experience
My organisation has been involved in projects funded by the following EU-programmes
Austrian Research and Development Projects
Please confer a more detailed and illustrated description of the i:lab the following URL: http://ilab.ftw.at
For an updated publications list, please confer the following URL: http://publications.ftw.tuwien.ac.at/
Inserted / Updated
2008-09-25 / 2012-12-14