Central aim of organisation
R&D in the field of Interaction Technologies
Briefly describe your organisation
Strongly committed to an interdisciplinary approach, the Ars Electronica Futurelab carries out R&D projects that call for state-of-the-art design and highly innovative thinking.
Since its very inception, Ars Electronica’s focus has been on the tension and interplay at the nexus of art, technology and society. Formulating and implementing the future manifestations of this interaction is the chosen mission of the Ars Electronica Futurelab.
As part of an international network of collaborating institutional associates, the Futurelab carries out its projects together with artists and scientists from all over the world. Here, the Research and Residence Program plays an important role since it makes an essential contribution to the Futurelabs interdisciplinarity.
The latest results of artistic and technical research being done at the Futurelab as well as works by invited guests are presented each year at the Pixelspaces Symposium and Exhibition held during the Ars Electronica Festival.
Research & Development
| - E-Inclusion |
- Cultural Heritage
- ICT Applications for Tourism
- ICT Applications for Health
- ICT Applications for Traffic and Logistics
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Smart Cards and Access Systems
- Industrial Application
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Computer Graphics
- Video Processing
| - Pattern Processing |
- Computer Games, Simulation of Social Process
- Audiovisual Devices and Communication
- E-Publishing, Digital Content
- Usability Engineering
- Pervasive Computing
- Man-Machine Interaction
- Artificial Intelligence
- Sensor Technology
- Wireless & Mobile Communication