Central aim of organisation
Development of Online Laboratory solutions.
Briefly describe your organisation
Center of Competence (CoC) Online Labs and Open Learning
Our core competences are:
- Online laboratories in e-learning
- Use of XML for interactive lecture/course scripts
- W3C and Bobby-standardized, XHTML CMS/LMS based Internet Sites
Lab work is becoming increasingly important in Web-based educational systems not only for engineering studies.
An important approach is a distributed lab. In this way the high costs of online labs can be minimized. The CoC maintains a Remote Electronic Lab (REL) with locations in Austria, Romania, Spain, Ireland, India, …).
The CoC has developed easy to use standard tools for the design of virtual or remote labs by lecturers or teachers without deep knowledge in informatics or virtual instrumentation.
In this context we are working in the completely new field of Micro Web Server Technology.
Furthermore we developed full functional XML templates and the necessary style sheets (xsl, css) for use in online labs and eLearning.
Research & Development
| - E-Learning |
- Ambient Assisted Living (Services for the Elderly)
- Industrial Application
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Digital Systems
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Middleware
- E-Publishing, Digital Content
- Usability Engineering
| - Semantic Systems |
- Internet Technologies
- GRID Computing
- Integrated Circuits
- Electronic circuits, components and equipment
- Embedded Systems and Real-time Systems
- Wireless & Mobile Communication
Virtual Laboratories, Remote Laboratories, Online Laboratories