Central aim of organisation
R&D in social innovation
Briefly describe your organisation
The CSI performs research, education, network co-ordination and policy advice to fill in the gaps between social needs and technological potentials in the knowledge based information society. Innovative socio-economic research and transdisciplinary solutions contribute to technological development and social coherence. Social innovation is defined as invention, adjustment or application of new societal concepts applicable to decision making and development processes in public administration, political bodies, legislation, private enterprises, organisations of the social partners and of the civil society.
The CSI aims to
- support a socially, ecologically and economically sustainable development of the information society,
- facilitate the social, cultural and economic integration in Europe by scientific research and practical impact,
- improve infrastructures, efficacy, professionalism and internationalisation of the social sciences and humanities in the European Research Area.
Research & Development
| - E-Government |
- Ambient Assisted Living (Services for the Elderly)
| - Visualisation |
- Knowledge Management
- E-Publishing, Digital Content
- Internet Technologies
Research policies and Development, Technology and Knowledge, Work and Equal opportunities