Central aim of organisation
The HCI and Usability Unit of the ICT&S Center is engaged in design, evaluation and implementation of interactive systems and environments.
Briefly describe your organisation
The Center for Advanced Studies and Research in Information and Communication Technologies & Society (ICT&S) is established as independent interfaculty research and study center within the University of Salzburg to drive interdisciplinary work and activities.The central vision is to face the challenges of the interrelationship between technology and society on several levels (from the individual level to the organizational level and the societal level as a whole) and deliver interdisciplinary solutions for the fields of business, technology, science, and policy. The ICT&S Center offers a framework towards building inter- and transdisciplinary relationships applicable to the challenges of the upcoming information and knowledge based society. Its the ICT&S Centers philosophy to explicitly focus on the problems where individual disciplines are reaching their limits.
The Human-Computer Interaction & Usability Unit deals with specific questions related to design, development, and evaluation of existing and emerging interaction systems and interaction environments. In particular the HCI & Usability Unit:
- studies and develops enhanced forms of user experience,
- is engaged in studying and developing new interaction paradigms,
- studies, develops and applies interdisciplinary methods and tools for experience centred design,
- studies different interaction contexts and enhance them by optimized experiences,
- applies user centred methodologies towards innovative and optimized applications.
Staff members with various interdisciplinary backgrounds e.g. computer science, psychology, communication science, design, information management) are working on various research priorities, e.g. Mobile Interfaces, Ambient Interfaces, Intelligent and Emotional Interfaces, Social Interfaces, Usability and User Experience Methods and Tools.
Research & Development
|- ICT Applications |
- Computer Games, Simulation of Social Process
- Audiovisual Devices and Communication
| - Usability Engineering |
- Wireless & Mobile Communication
Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Interfaces, Intelligent and Emotional Interfaces, Ambient Interfaces, Social Interfaces, Contextual Interfaces and Advanced Interaction Techniques, User Experience Methods and Tools, Usability Studies