My organisation has been involved in projects funded by the following EU-programmes
Austrian Research and Development Projects
At the EMCE specific infrastructure for simulations as well as characterization of integrated circuits is available. All designed ASICs are also characterized in-house.
In the following an overview over the available special infrastructure is given:
For design and simulation:
Design framework: Cadence
Device simulation: advanced TCAD package for 2D and 3D simulations
For possible projects not only the actual infrastructure, but also the close support connections to main European chip manufacturers as well as ASIC foundries and the access to many years of knowhow and experience in design of different optical receivers and analog circuits treasured by the circuit engineering workgroup are important.
For the characterization of photosensitive devices:
On-Wafer characterisition on a semiautomatic waferprober for serial measurements
Optical measurement sources in several wavelengths from infrared to blue
Probecard system for flexible contacting
For the characterization of optical fibre receivers:
On-wafer and connectorized (on PCB)
Bitpattern analyzer up to 40 GBit/s
Fast modulated laser sources (infrared to blue)
The workgroup which has many years of experience in optical measurement setups for the characterization is also a very important factor for successful realization of new projects.
For the characterization of optical distance measurement sensors:
Mechanical measuring bar, 3m long
Optical power meter
Waferbonder (for mounting of microchips)
PCB manufacturing in house
Optical benches and optical components
Climate controlled environments and temperature controlled cabinets
Digital sampling oscilloscope (60GHz)
Single-shot oscilloscope (40GS/s)
Network und spectrum analyzers (3 GHz + 20GHz each)
Bitpattern generator (2.5Gb/s + 10Gb/s + 40Gb/s)
Bitpattern receiver (10Gb/s + 40Gb/s)
Optical power meter
• H. Zimmermann, Integrated Silicon Optoelectronics, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2000.
• H. Zimmermann, Silicon Optoelectronic Integrated Circuits, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2003.
• K. Schneider, H. Zimmermann, Highly Sensitive Optical Receivers, Springer, Berlin, 2006.
• D. Micusik, H. Zimmermann, ‘130dB-DR Transimpedance Amplifier with Monotonic Logarithmic Compression and High-Current Monitor‘, IEEE Int. Solid-State Circuit Conference (ISSCC ’08), Digest of Technical Papers, Vol. 51 (2008), pp. 78 - 79.
• R. Swoboda, H. Zimmermann, ‘11Gb/s Monolithically Integrated Silicon Optical Receiver for 850nm Wavelength’, IEEE Int. Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), Digest of Technical Papers, Vol. 49, 2006, pp. 240-241.
• R. Swoboda, H. Zimmermann, ‘A 2.5Gbps Silicon Receiver OEIC with Large Diameter Photodiode’, Electronics Letters, Vol. 40, (2004), pp. 505 - 507.
• R. Swoboda, H. Zimmermann, ‘A 2.5Gbps Receiver OEIC in 0.6µm BiCMOS Technology’, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 16, July 2004, pp. 1730 - 1732.
• K. Schneider, H. Zimmermann, A. Wiesbauer, ‘Optical Receiver in deep-sub-µm CMOS with -28.2dBm sensitivity at 1.25Gbit/s’, Electronics Letters, Vol. 40, No. 4 (2004), pp. 262 – 263.
• C. Seidl, H. Zimmermann, ‘Single-Stage 378MHz 178kW Transimpedance Amplifier with Capacitive Coupled Voltage Divider‘, IEEE ISSCC 2004, pp. 470 – 471, 540.
• R. Swoboda, J. Knorr, H. Zimmermann, ‘A 5-Gb/s OEIC With Voltage-Up-Converter’, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 40, No. 7, July 2005, pp. 1512-1526
• A. Nemecek, K. Oberhauser, H. Zimmermann, ‘Distance Measurement Sensor With PIN-Photodiode and Bridge Circuit’, IEEE Sensors Journal. vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 391-397, 2006
• G. Zach, H. Zimmermann: A 2x32 Range-Finding Sensor Array with Pixel-Inherent Suppression of Ambient Light up to 120klx; Vortrag: IEEE International Solid-State Circuit Conference, San Francisco; 08.02.2009 - 12.02.2009; in: 2009 Digest of Technical Papers, (2009), pp. 352 - 354.
• M. Atef, R. Swoboda, H. Zimmermann: Optical receiver front-end for multilevel signalling; Electronics Letters, vol. 45 (2009), pp. 121 - 122.
• B. Goll, H. Zimmermann: A 65nm CMOS Comparator with Modified Latch to Achieve 7GHz/1.3mW at 1.2V and 700MHz/47μW at 0.6V; Vortrag: IEEE International Solid-State Circuit Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA; 08.02.2009 - 12.02.2009; in: 2009 Digest of Technical Papers ISSCC, vol. 52 (2009), pp. 328 - 330.
• R. Kolm, H. Zimmermann: 3rd-Order Current-Input/Output Filter with Virtual Ground in 65nm CMOS; Vortrag: Austrochip, Graz, Österreich; 11.10.2007; in: 15th Austrian Workshop on Microelectronics, Proceedings, (2007), ISBN: 978-3-902465-87-0; S. 35 - 38.
• R. Swoboda, M. Förtsch, H. Zimmermann: 3Gbps-per-Channel Highly-Parallel Silicon Receiver OEIC; Vortrag: European Conference and Exhibition on Optical Communication, ECOC, Berlin, Deutschland; 16.09.2007 - 20.09.2007; in: 33rd european conference and Exhibiton on Optical Communication, Proceedings Volume 2, (2007), S. 255 - 256.
• R. Kolm, H. Zimmermann:A 3rd-Order 235MHz Low-Pass gmC-Filter in 120nm CMOS; Vortrag: European Solid-State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC), Montreux, Switzerland; 19.09.2006 - 21.09.2006; in: Proceedings of the 32nd European Solid-State Circuits Conference, (2006), pp. 215 - 218.
• K. Schweiger, H. Uhrmann, H. Zimmermann: Low-Voltage Low-Power Double Bulk Mixer for Direct Conversion Receiver in 65nm CMOS; in: 2009 IEEE Design and Diagnostics of Electronic Circuits and Systems, (2009), pp. 74 - 77.
Inserted / Updated
2004-12-01 / 2009-10-20